Sunday, April 13, 2008

Laura Mae


This is my new great grandchild Laura Mae. She is named after her other great grandma and great, great grandma. I wish I lived closer to them as they live 100 miles away and don't get to see her very often.
Isn't she the sweetest little thing .
Her mommy Sarah Mae is my first grandaughter/grandchild.
As you can see the sacque I made her is so big on her but guess that is better then being to small on her lol.
Since I made her circle baby blanket blue and white I guess I will have to make one in a different color. Good thing I joined in the loom along for the pinwheel blanket. Will be fun knitting with others doing the blanket. I found a great site for doing the edge arround it on another blogsite and saved it so i could do it on another round blanket. I like the pointed edge and think i will use that one on mine. What do you think?
The site is http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aa091998.htm. Take a look maybe you would like to try it also.

4 comments:

Robin McCoy said...

She is gorgeous, Joann!
I think I am gonna copy you and do the angle border as well...without that 4th row b/c I don't like how it brings it to a point. :D I had seen that Cheryl used that angel border on a prayer shawl and thought it was the coolest thing! :) Thanks for giving me the link.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Baby!!!! And your little sack is so sweet, too! :)
And she does need a little blankie in pink. ;)

Give her lots of hugs from me...
Bethany~

MARIA TOVAR said...

Joann,

I like that edge you chose very much. The first pinwheel blanke I finished it with the the see saw edge but it took me a long time so for the next two others I have done I crocheted them you can see them in my blog.

Congratulations on your great GD.

Maria

Anonymous said...

The baby is adorable and the bunting looks so cuddly. Thanks for sharing!

Jenny